Library Board of Trustees
Monday, May 12, 2014
6:03 pm Loretta Sutherland called the meeting to order. Board Members in attendance were Barb Hybarger, Anita Leonard, Gayla McMurtry, Loretta Sutherland, and John Vincent. Library director Steve Martin and assistant library director Kim Riley were present.
Secretary’s Report Minutes of the March 10, 2014 Board of Trustees meeting were read. Gayla made a motion to approve the minutes as read, John seconded the motion.
Treasurer’s Report Anita reported the following -
Motion to approve & pay bills: John; Seconded the motion to approve and pay: Gayla
- Roof Repairs – quote from Elbert Roofing was reviewed, totaled $1,517
- Back door lock is being repaired after problems with locking
. Nancy is retiring at the end of the month; Lisa Zola is temporarily helping out for the summer. Steve plans to rewrite the Children’s Librarian job description and once complete, he plans to include the staff in interviewing the candidate(s). Position is twenty-five (25) hours per week and is paid hourly. As Nancy has asked that we not have a retirement reception, we are planning a going-away dinner for staff and board members.
. Cindy returned to work today after breaking her wrist and she is limited on the job duties she can perform.
- Summer Reading Program – scheduled to begin June 2nd and ends on July 12th, the awards party will be July 18th
- Finances – we are over-budget for the year by approximately 3%, primarily due to snow removal (parking lot and sidewalks)
1. New board member recommendation – Matt Lenseigne has been on vacation and Steve has not heard back from him regarding his interest.
Long Range Planning
None – to be reviewed next month
Next Meeting: Monday, June 9, 2014
6:41pm Loretta adjourned meeting